This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110G Display

I've had this new tank for a couple weeks and just got a chance to set it up this weekend. It is filtered a 15g sump filter with a pump rated for 650gph at 6', it is pushing about 3 or 4 feet. lighting is 2x54w 6500k.

Directory of threads associated with this tank:
    Retaining wall with tunnel
    DIY Sump
    DIY Wall Mount Light Hanger
    Installation
    Video Update- 6/13
    Video Update- 8/13
    Plum Wood

I just threw some decorations in there for now as, for once, I don't have a scape planned so excuse the "pedestrian" look . This will be changing but currently stock is 3 angels, 10 congo's, 8 sterbais a bn pleco and a bunch of mysteries and mts. Plants are pennywort, dwarf and amazon swords, and more pennywort.

Really bad picture but wanted to show the Congos colors developing:

I went with tee's on the outlet of the bulkheads for ease of cleaning, I am going to add a valve to the inlet tee to regulate air and help quiet it down some.

The sump, its doing a great job and I love it, very proud of myself I added a check valve to the outlet line because the outlets in the tank are lower than the inlet and my sump can't handle the extra volume if there were a failure.

Last edited by Matt B; 08-08-2013, 11:17 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Amazing. Your DIY sump looks pro and those Congos are stunning.

Healthy looking Pennywort
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

You have done an amazing job.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks Guys Would you believe all that pennywort came from 2 or 3 5" stems Adam gave me a month or so ago? It really liked my tank!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Looks great! How's that vaccum thingy working out? Want to come build my sump now?

Comment

It works well, mainly its just to keep water coming in from splashing back out, I had a little tab siliconed inside of it to distribute the water better but there was too much coming through and it had to come out. I glued little tabs onto the frame so you can undo the union and then it slips out so you can clean.

No, I can help you do it though.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

That is FANTASTIC! Send me your address

Comment

Thanks Tiggy I just realized something, I gave away my Guard Barbs!!!!!!!!!!!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                  It works well, mainly its just to keep water coming in from splashing back out, I had a little tab siliconed inside of it to distribute the water better but there was too much coming through and it had to come out. I glued little tabs onto the frame so you can undo the union and then it slips out so you can clean.

No, I can help you do it though.
                  Aw come on! That's no fun!

Comment

Great start Matt! Everything looks very healthy. Great job on the sump. Have a feeling many are going to ask for your help and guidance to build their own.
                    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                    Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32 View Post
                      Aw come on! That's no fun!
                      It tons of fun!! I couldn't just build it for you! You know, give a man a fish?

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
                      Great start Matt! Everything looks very healthy. Great job on the sump. Have a feeling many are going to ask for your help and guidance to build their own.
                      Thanks Dena, as you know I'll have some variety soon in the plant department and also am getting a few things from Adam in the near future.

Thats what I'm here for I love helping with that kind of stuff, it doesn't hurt to have my creations fawned over either though.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Wow, your sump looks amazing... less stuff in tank = awesome!
                        It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                        As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Thanks and I couldn't agree more Anthony The blue tubing will come out of the tank as well in the near future.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Awesome job Matt it looks amazing cant wait to see what you do with it with planting
                            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Nice job overall! This came out looking really good. See, I told you that you would like the sump setup . Looks like you made good use of the pennywort to hide other things.

Comment

Working...
                              X