150 G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 G

He neglected the tank for about two weeks before I got it. Omg the smell was like a septic tank the angel fish eaither died right before we started the breakdown or while were doing it. It was very bad and I try to tell him all the time that he needs to do water changes and get the poop and detouris out.
    He's says oh no just clean the filters out. But I try not to argue with him. But they will get taken care of a lot better now. I only got a few pics cuase just got going it was about 8hrs of work and I'm still not done prolly spend another few hours on it when I wake up some time later today. Every thing that could be wrong you name it, it happend the seal didn't seat right on the magnum 350 spilt 3 or 4 gallons then I had to clean the fluval cannister was so clogged wouldn't flow water, the bio wheel setup is cloged like crazy still gotta clean that. But I got it all running and and cleaned up I threw a spare whisper 40 filter on with a polishing pad in it to get the tank cleared up, I had to clean it withing 30 mins of running. But its doing a great job. Gonna scape it tommorow and put every thing away it just spread out in my living room cause the spill has gotta dry first I got a big fan blowing on it to dry it up.
    Ill get an update of all the fish in it and some better pics up later, Gnight all.

Here's some before and after pics. Sorry no lights on but still lil cloudy any ways
    [album:3nrxq0om]126[/album:3nrxq0om][album:3nrxq0om]123[/album:3nrxq0om][album:3nrxq0om]124[/album:3nrxq0om][album:3nrxq0om]125[/album:3nrxq0om]
    Matt

Re: 150 G

Not bad really just needs a hand and it will be a great tank. Those plecos are looking fat and happy thou
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Wonder why he was so picky in giving you the tanks if he wasn't interested in caring for them. They are in great hands now. It will take some time to clean up that tank and to bring all those fish back to health. Take it slow. Too many changes to clean up the tank can stress the fish as they have adapted to living in the dirty environment.

Did you test his water to see how bad it was? When I rescued a tank that stank all the nitrogen levels were off the charts!
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504
        Wonder why he was so picky in giving you the tanks if he wasn't interested in caring for them. They are in great hands now. It will take some time to clean up that tank and to bring all those fish back to health. Take it slow. Too many changes to clean up the tank can stress the fish as they have adapted to living in the dirty environment.

Did you test his water to see how bad it was? When I rescued a tank that stank all the nitrogen levels were off the charts!

I should of tested the water levels but didn't I couldn't imagine how red my test tube would have been. Yeah I didn't over clean I left the gravel nasty stank and just dumped it in. the tank is gonna be alot cleaner just with the fresh water that used to fill it then I also have the polishing pad to help clean it up it looked alot better this morning still gonna wait a little bit to turn the lights on though,
        Matt

Comment

Do you know what the measurements on that tank are? Doesn't look like a 150 in the pictures.

Why are there so many plecos?!
          Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
            Do you know what the measurements on that tank are? Doesn't look like a 150 in the pictures.

Why are there so many plecos?!
            Yeah I took measurements turns out its a 125G,
            Not sure he did end up giving the second biggest pleco to his ex gf.
            There's 5 oscars one white one. 4 plecos, 2 convict hybrids, a male JD,
            Flowerhorn, firemouth, and a pair of vieja zonatus.
            Matt

Comment

Here's an upate on the tank I set up the decor and wood / slates. I might do some more later but looks good so far.[album:2cb9dp4o]127[/album:2cb9dp4o][album:2cb9dp4o]127[/album:2cb9dp4o]
              Matt

Comment

Wayyyy over stocked!!!!! You should re-home some and tell him they died of old age. lol

Comment

I know its overstocked but he's still in town for a while so can't get rid of any thing but. The the convict hybrids are paired up so I'm gonna get them their own tank. The zonatus are paired so get them a tank also.

Here's a pic of the albino tiger oscar[album:1wpk67ni]129[/album:1wpk67ni]
                  Matt

Comment

I hope he never wants the tank back. Didn't sound like he cared about taking proper care of the fish.

Comment

I agree! Even with moving the 2 pairs off to their own tank, there is still 3 times more fish in that tank than should be! Overstocked, probably under filtered and lack of maintenance is a very bad situation. I'm surprised there haven't been more deaths.
                      - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

He's like the old school type fish keeper and very hard headed. If I can come up with some money I'll try to buy the tank from him. He's actually had quite a few fish deaths the last couple months from overstocking and not maintaining the tank. I'm hoping in a few months he'll just take my offer on the tank.
                        Matt

Comment

Odds are he will take your offer. Moving that tank to Alaska will not be easy. The roads are terrible. And the cost to ship it would be far too expensive.
                          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

Get rid of that Flowerhorn as soon as you are able. It's still pretty small. An adult FH can easily kill an Oscar.

Comment

I guess he's not moving to alaska any more some where else I'm not sure, I'm thinking offering him 150 maybe 200 but no more , it has a fluval 305, and magnum 350,
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X