Oops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops

I royally PO'd my 'nem this evening LOL. I put in a new wavemaker in my tank this evening and apparently the flow was hitting the 'nem. It puffed itself up and spat out the pellets I had just given it. Then it proceeded to move to the OTHER side of the rock where it now sits all puffed up and angry. I caught a quick picture for you guys. Silly 'nem .

-Jonathan

Re: Oops

Great picture!
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

that is so funny!
      Christine

Comment

lol would you quit harassing your fish and inverts.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Lol she's gone and crawled into a deep hole now. I'll just have to shut off the powerhead lol.
          -Jonathan

Comment

or leave it on, she will get used to it eventually, or you could point it more towards the surface to keep the current away from the rock face.
            -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hehe yeah. I don't like where she is sitting now so I'm gonna point the powerhead near her this weekend and watch her get all mad and puffed up again LOL. I need her to move!
              -Jonathan

Comment

lol I thought you were going to quit torturing the inverts?
                -Jim-

Comment

Who me? Noooooooo
                  -Jonathan

Comment

I'm unfamiliar with anemone care but find it interesting that if you want your more stationary critters where they are you have to keep them happy there. I can't imagine if my plants would just move to another part of the tank they preferred more.
                    __________________________________________________ _____
                    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Anemones are inverts. Kinda like snails without shells except they use light to make some of their food. So they need high light, a good amount of flow (to catch food), and a nice spot to protect their foot in. They stick to things with their foot and if that gets hurt then they are easy prey. So an unhappy 'nem is a moving 'nem. A happy 'nem is one that stays in one spot. And, until recently, my girl was quite happy lol.

My plants move whether they like it or not. My corries like to transplant my Dwarf Clover and small Amazon Swords.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

I knew they were inverts but for some reason I imagined them like glued to a rock like a barnacle or something, its just the idea that they're like a piece of decor and a critter in one that is interesting to me, you want them to be a certain place but you have to make them want to be there, its just cool.

I know! My cories too like to burrow alot at the base of plants, especialy the ones that aren't well rooted yet.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Lol I'll have to try and get a picture of them transplanting one of my swords. My corries will dig them up and then move the plant while they are playing. Usually they end up getting too close to the plecos branch so the plecos come down to chase them away which means I have a miniature sand storm going on. I've come home to a couple plants buried with the roots sticking up lol. Quite amusing until I have to put the plants back.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Haha! Gotta love the little guys still! I usually come out and turn on the light and any stalks I had placed the day before are now floating around the top. Mine haven't mastered replanting the plant upside down yet but they're young yet.

I had never done this before a couple days ago but its fun to stick a wafer under the sand with just a tiny dot showing, once the cories find it they all go tail up at the same spot burrowing in to get at it, its fun and it makes it harder for the rest of the little piggies to steal from them.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

it makes it easier in a way but a pain if you wanted something there.
                              -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                              X