Pink Convict tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave them some Repashy today they went nutso for it
    Well I still need to learn how to post pics, so I just made a video sorry its kinda crummy I have come to the conclusion that I am no good at taking pictures, or shooting video. Oh well guess ill just practice more maybe actually learn how to use my camera,
    Any ways here's the video.

Last edited by catsma_97504; 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM. Reason: Fixed video link to use the embedded player
    Matt

Comment

Look at all those babies!!
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Very nice. Great looking fish.
        Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504 View Post
          Look at all those babies!!
          Yeah I estimated 100
          This morning it looks like I lost maybe 10? not sure looked like there was less though

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
          Very nice. Great looking fish.
          Thanks.

My friend said That I should take out the parents, or move the babies, I was kinda hoping to just leave them until the parents spawn again or until they were a bit older. What do you think?
          Matt

Comment

Depends on how many fry you want to save. If you are looking to save as many as possible, I'd pull them and start feeding BBS and Repashy.

Comment

Awesome! The parents are doing a good job.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
                Depends on how many fry you want to save. If you are looking to save as many as possible, I'd pull them and start feeding BBS and Repashy.
                If I pull them, Would I want to pull the male too I have heard of them getting super aggressive towards the female after you pull them, I have fed them First bites, they went for it, Repashy they went crazy for, And I have super finely crushed bulk food that I have but haven't tryed yet, I haven't found any bbs around here looks like ill have to order some, What if I mix some frozen brine shrimp with some tank water and mash it up really good until its all really fine and mixed up well? on top of me feeding them the mommy has been taking her food and spitting at them and they go for that also.
                Matt

Comment

Newely hatched brine shrimp are far more nutritiousthan frozen. BBS is loaded with good stuff for baby fish. It will increase survival and growth rates way beyond flake food. They also have more opprotunity to eat the BBS. The BBS will swim around for something like 12 hours before dying in fresh water. So it gives everybody a better chance to eat.

Comment

So the other day after I got home I noticed daddy con grabbing a baby in his mouth and spitting him out and he wouldn't stop he was doing it to the same one over and over so the next day I moved some fish around put a sponge over the intake on my 20Gtall and moved them over, so far they are all doing well and eating well there is probably about 75 left,
                    Matt

Comment

What are you going to do with them all?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
                        What are you going to do with them all?!
                        Try to give them away,Maybe have a RAOK, Feed them to bigger fish?, and possibly sell them to LFS the new owners are learning their stuff very fast and they have the store super clean, they have upgraded a lot of their stuff they have tons of new stuff for sale, and are gonna stock alot more stuff, They seem to be doing a veryyy good job I was impressed last time I went to check them out.
                        Matt

Comment

Well, that takes care of the first batch. lol

Comment

more babys free swimming since yesterday didnt want to get pics or video cause omg tank is gettin overun with algae i need to get my c02 goin again
                            Matt

Comment

Algae or not, sounds like you have happy fish!
                              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                              Socrates

Comment

Yay for more babies!
                                -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X