• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M0T0
    started a topic Pink Convict tank

Pink Convict tank

Got this pair about 3 weeks ago after my female GBR passed,
    They have paired up and spawned last night around 8 pm, they made it through the night with the spawn with lights out besides the really cool night light I got for that tank,
    Any ways I got a couple pics not the greatest they dug a pretty deep cave and the rock the spawn is on is coverd pretty well you can see the eggs in the pic behind the wood peice on the rock in there just gotta look closely ,

[album:3695ieg3]304[/album:3695ieg3][album:3695ieg3]303[/album:3695ieg3]

• M0T0
    replied
    HMM Well I do have a 5g spare I could put together real quick for a week or so while I make a diy divider

Leave a comment:

• RogueAgent94
    replied
    Different spawns need to be kept separately. The bigger ones will either kill off the younger ones or they will eat all the food before the younger ones get any. I usually divide my tanks with different batches on different sides. Be sure to label them so you know which is which!

Leave a comment:

• M0T0
    replied
    Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
    Convicts are breeding machines! I long time ago I remember a friend of mine had a pair in a 30g tank that bred constantly. He had to clean the tank so he took them out and put them in a huge vase (like 3g!) for a couple hours to clean the tank. Course he had a heater and filter on the vase. When he went to put them in the tank he saw that they had spawned all over the inside of the vase. It was awesome. I think he just put the vase in the tank and let the convicts treat it like a breeder cave.
    HAHAHA that is awesome!!

I did have one question about putting both spawns in the same tank the older spawn is about 3.5 weeks older then this spawn,I was thinking of waiting till the new spawn is two weeks old that will make the other spawn about 5.5 weeks old you think this will be ok or the first spawn will be too big and out compete the smaller younger spawn?

Leave a comment:

• RogueAgent94
    replied
    Convicts are breeding machines! I long time ago I remember a friend of mine had a pair in a 30g tank that bred constantly. He had to clean the tank so he took them out and put them in a huge vase (like 3g!) for a couple hours to clean the tank. Course he had a heater and filter on the vase. When he went to put them in the tank he saw that they had spawned all over the inside of the vase. It was awesome. I think he just put the vase in the tank and let the convicts treat it like a breeder cave.

Leave a comment:

• M0T0
    replied
    Yeah there happy I saw there spawn didn't get a good look but just let them do there thing bout week later I see free swimmers omg!! there second spawn and its double the size of the first one!! Ill get a pic or vid up soon of there first spawn there in a 20Gtall grow out and they are growing fast!! its so awesome.

Leave a comment:

• RogueAgent94
    replied
    Yay for more babies!

Leave a comment:

• catsma_97504
    replied
    Algae or not, sounds like you have happy fish!

Leave a comment:

• M0T0
    replied
    more babys free swimming since yesterday didnt want to get pics or video cause omg tank is gettin overun with algae i need to get my c02 goin again

Leave a comment:

• Cichlidnut
    replied
    Well, that takes care of the first batch. lol

Leave a comment:

• M0T0
    replied
    Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
    What are you going to do with them all?!
    Try to give them away,Maybe have a RAOK, Feed them to bigger fish?, and possibly sell them to LFS the new owners are learning their stuff very fast and they have the store super clean, they have upgraded a lot of their stuff they have tons of new stuff for sale, and are gonna stock alot more stuff, They seem to be doing a veryyy good job I was impressed last time I went to check them out.

Leave a comment:

• Cichlidnut
    replied
    What are you going to do with them all?!

Leave a comment:

• M0T0
    replied
    So the other day after I got home I noticed daddy con grabbing a baby in his mouth and spitting him out and he wouldn't stop he was doing it to the same one over and over so the next day I moved some fish around put a sponge over the intake on my 20Gtall and moved them over, so far they are all doing well and eating well there is probably about 75 left,

Leave a comment:

• Cichlidnut
    replied
    Newely hatched brine shrimp are far more nutritiousthan frozen. BBS is loaded with good stuff for baby fish. It will increase survival and growth rates way beyond flake food. They also have more opprotunity to eat the BBS. The BBS will swim around for something like 12 hours before dying in fresh water. So it gives everybody a better chance to eat.

Leave a comment:

• M0T0
    replied
    Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
    Depends on how many fry you want to save. If you are looking to save as many as possible, I'd pull them and start feeding BBS and Repashy.
    If I pull them, Would I want to pull the male too I have heard of them getting super aggressive towards the female after you pull them, I have fed them First bites, they went for it, Repashy they went crazy for, And I have super finely crushed bulk food that I have but haven't tryed yet, I haven't found any bbs around here looks like ill have to order some, What if I mix some frozen brine shrimp with some tank water and mash it up really good until its all really fine and mixed up well? on top of me feeding them the mommy has been taking her food and spitting at them and they go for that also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X