This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10G Shrimp tank

Sand and plants put in! Second day, I think. I was amazed at how clear the water was! Dwarf sag, java moss, and narrow-leaf anacharis.

Got some guppies to cycle with TSS and some java ferns.

I decided the java moss was a bit too unruly and devised a plan to fix that! I posted this over on FL as well, but some may be interested in it so here goes:

In the tank...

A few days ago now. All the guppies have died of internal parasites and I've been keeping the tank cycling with ammonia. Seems to be fully cycled now and I should get my shrimp this week. Update on the moss though!!

-Mike

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Forum Rules

Re: 10G Shrimp tank

looking awesome Mike!!! Can't wait to see it in person hehe.... I spy a pond snail
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Looks great Mike! Good idea with the moss
      -Jonathan

Comment

Thanks! Pretty soon I hope to have a wicked moss wall for the shrimpy masters to enjoy.

There are tons of those lil buggers. The local shop I buy plants at has really good deals but they're covered in the darn things. Hence why I want some of your assassin snails, Sean. I hope your eggs hatch before mine do! There's tons of them now!!!
        -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

You should be doing a peroxide dip on your plants to kill snails.
          Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

if you want when I bring them up I can take a couple clipping of the fake plant they seem to only lay their eggs on and see if you have luck with them hatching :-) just be warned if they do you won't see a baby for at least 3 months... I just now found one a couple weeks ago...

And yes do the dip or QT them!
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

That will make a great shrimp tank!
              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
              Socrates

Comment

I didn't know peroxide killed snails. I'll keep that in mind for later. I don't entirely mind the pond snails because I really want assassins.

If they run out of food I'll move them to my 60 where they'll have plenty of MTS to prey on and I can get a nerite snail, then.

That would be awesome if you did, Sean. There isn't anything in my tank that will eat the eggs. Well, there aren't anything but plants and pond snails right now anyways lol.

Oh, I did find out they WILL eat nerites. They usually only do if there's no other snails as a food source, though. They gang up and go to town....
                -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

YAY! My shrimpy masters have arrived.

One of the redder ones!

I'll post better pictures later when they settle down a bit...if they ever do lol. Drip drip drip....!
                  -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

That looks like an awesome shrimp tank they should be happy! How many shrimp you starting with?
                    Matt

Comment

20! They were listed as "painted" fire reds so I hope to see some really good colors from them once settled in.
                      -Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Very nice. That looks like subwassertang in there too.
                        -Jonathan

Comment

Very nice! Can't wait to see them in the tank!

Comment

Wait no longer!

All the diatoms on the glass for them to omnomnom on!

They swarmed the mesh and plants immediately!!

-Mike

Forum Rules

Comment

Nice and shrimpy. Congrats. Just wait until you've got a hundred of them crawling around
                              Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Working...
                              X