X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3g Pico

Hey guys,

So I picked up a new tank today! It's a 3g cube. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I'm thinking of dirting it and growing an HC carpet with Hairgrass or Ammannia gracilis in the back. I might try other plants for the back instead like Ludwigia glandulosa, Rotala macrandra, or Myriophyllum tuberculatum. Who knows. Course I could go in the opposite direction and try a blackwater tank or do another SW tank. It was set up as a SW tank when I picked it up. I moved the live sand to my 20L tank though. Right now it has a Whisper filter in it and a 7 bulb LED fixture. Not sure what wattage yet. If I do decide to go with my original idea I'll be setting up a CO2 thing for it.

Anyway, here are pictures. I'm half way through cleaning it currently.

STARFISH!
    -Jonathan

that tank is really dirty! Good luck.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

3g Pico

Nice! I'd go with the first idea if I were you. All those plants you listed are beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut View Post
        that tank is really dirty! Good luck.
        Yeah, it smelled pretty bad too. I'm nearly done drying it out. Now I just need to wait for the vinegar smell to go away.
        Originally posted by dlondon95 View Post
        Nice! I'd go with the first idea if I were you. All those plants you listed are beautiful.
        Thanks! I gave that idea the most thought so that's why I had a list of things to put in it lol. I was thinking of doing an Indian stream biotype with Pea puffer.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Was that a tiny starfish on the side?

I was thinking how great it'd look with a dhg carpet and some other plants but I LOVE the idea of a pea puffer in there! That get's my vote! One leaf will suffice for the entire tank! lol.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Yep, there were several of them stuck to the side. I took two out and tossed them in my 20L to see if they'd survive.

I'd probably do HG along the back as a second carpet. Main carpet would probably be HC. I was also thinking of doing a fake rock wall in the back to block out the back. and most of the filter.

One leaf pea puffer!?
            -Jonathan

Comment

Nice! Eventually will they be a threat to your soft corals and such?

I misread your first post, dwarf baby tears I could also go for! One of those styrafoam deals? They seem pretty bulky to do a nice one in such a small tank but that could be cool.

Haha! I meant if you wanted leaf litter in the tank you would only need one leaf to cover the whole 3g.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Nope, they shouldn't be.

Yep, just a styrofoam thing. I know how to do really thin ones with shelves and such. I just don't know if I want to do it or not. It's a lot of work lol.

Hahaha I'd have to cut a leaf in half to fit it in.
                -Jonathan

Comment

What do they eat? clams?

I've never tried one because they look so daunting and time consuming! If you can make it work in such a small tank that'd be a cool look. I think I'll try my first one on a 10g or something.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Re: 3g Pico

I have that same tank it is the DSM tank with HC

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I don't know what they eat to be honest. I know larger stars eat stuff like that.

Hahaha so basically you want me to do it and make all the mistakes so you can make a BETTER one!?

DSM?
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Haha i have the same tank (sound like I am parroting AP) the light stopped working after a while so i ripped it off :-) right now it is my snail breeding tank :-) and doing very well also! I like your idea of a small pea puffer tank :-) may end up stealing that idea be day!
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Re: 3g Pico

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post

DSM?

Dry start method
                          Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Lol well this light works. It's a couple months old. I'll probably get another light. Funny, I've never seen these tanks before.

Oh okay! Yeah, I'll be doing something similar CJ
                            -Jonathan

Comment

I got mine off a friend who used it for guppie babies... I have had it for a little over 2 years now... (I also have the same filter )... good little tank!

I never usderstood how to do the DSM
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X