No announcement yet.

75 gl Fwlr/Reef setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is an old thread. and yeah, thousands is more like it.
    I have since went to a 125gl with a 55gl sump. haha, thousands later of course. and that was a while ago.
    long, long story but that tank crashed with the loss of many, many fish and corals.
    back up and running now with 3 fish in it and a couple corals. And I just put 6 fish into QT before they join the other 3 and another coral. have learned a lot and ready to attack this
    full force.
    I picked up a Magnificent Foxface, that is truly magnicent.
    -Tom

Comment

Whoooo! Another saltwater person I'm in the process of trying to bring back a Ritteri anemone from shipping sickness at the moment. I'm glad I'm not the only one with salt on here lol
      And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul

Comment

Hey Tom, nice to see you. Thanks for the update. glad to hear things are doing better with the salty experience. Live and learn. Any pictures to share?
        Christine

Comment

Welcome back stranger!

Wouldl ove to see some pics from before in its glory and the new stuff that you have going on.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

yeah, here is a few pics of the old
            -Tom

Comment

that is a great looking tank! cant wait to see it look like that or better again.
              -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Oh will you believe it.... you have to laugh to keep from crying. I am doing a water change several days ago on the Discus setup when I step on a wet spot right beside this reef tank ( that I am just getting back into the growing stage.)
                well, I just mixed the sand up in it, so maybe I made a mess I didn't realize. OK, not so much, seems the wet spot is getting bigger. after further investigation I find the inside of the stand of the reef tank completely wet. and now I notice a drip ( or was it a stream, I don't know). are you kidding?? yes, it seems the tank broke a seal. Wow, call it lucky as I am pretty sure it broke as I was doing that water change or would have never noticed it til the next day when the tank was empty and fish dead. quickly moved the fish to safety ( hopefully but not finished yet) and drained the system.
                have resealed the tank and putting it back together now. hopefully have the fish back in there in a couple more days, so far all are still alive.
                tell me again why I do this??
                -Tom

Comment

You do it for the relaxing part of the hobby when you can just sit back and enjoy the tank.

Unfortunately that is not this moment, glad you were there to catch it before it became a huge problem.
                  -Jim-

Comment

Definitely a close call! Hopefully once the tank is cured and the fish returned everything will settle down and no losses.
                    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                    Socrates

Comment

Working...
                    X