hopefully i will become a salty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopefully i will become a salty

Hi here is my mission...1.to convince my parents to let me switch my 26g bowfront into a sw tank...2. To find out all I can about SW tanks I need u to tell me about it...3. I am wanting corals how much light/filtration do I need...what kind of fish can I have...what equipment for testing the water do I need

Thanks

CODY

Alright for a 26g bowfront with reef lighting I recommended a coralife fixture... It's a bit pricy but worth it imo... I love mine as for filtration the live rock is your filter. You use Powerheads ( you'll need about 15-25x your tank size in fly so 390-650gph split between 2-3 Powerheads to try and cover dead spots( if you have one it will allow cyano algae to start growing... You'll need 1-1.5lbs live rock per gallon or do it cheaper and get 20+lbs base rock and 6+ live rock to seed the base rock...

For fish and inverts look at reefcleaners.com for a cuc (clean up crew) as.they will help a lot... You could also do a skunk shrimp, emerald crab, clown pair, and Idk what else... Maybe a small group of firefish? Maybe an anemone but Jon knows more about them then I do...

For starting out the tank just have the normal testifying stuff for ammonia nitrate and nitrites after you add corals you will need magnesium, calcium, and one or two others (I just blanked... Sorry)

You will also want to buy a refractometer to test your salt levels... I know I am forgetting a lot and I am sorry... I am sure Jon and feather will pick up what I missed...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Thanks Sean I would like some gobies r those ok

Comment

Lol firefish are gobies but you can only do maybe 2 of a different type or find a mated pair as normally gobies will fight with other goby breeds... I am not even sure firefish will get along with other gobies :/
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Welcome!!! And thank you for the help

Okay is this light enough T8 15 Watt 10000k
          Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM. Reason: Merged postings

Comment

That would be fine for a fowlr but most corals like 100,000k. Daylights (atleast that is what I have been told... I maybe wrong on that...)
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

All well...do all corals need that

Comment

Honestly I am not sure... I know zoas mushrooms and ricas(?) Are photosynthetic so they need higher levels... Maybe google a bit for corals you want to find out..
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Ok will do

Comment

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/sof...softcorals.htm can I have any of these corals?

Comment

Lol you can anything you want lol... I'm on my phone so I can't see the link... If no one else gets back to you when I get home I'll check it outt
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

It has actinic light too its 24" in tall but I will have live rock to boost up the hieght of the corals and could I have an anemone?

Comment

You could, but there's risks with each variety of nem. They tend to wander until happy, stinging those in their path. They can eat your fish (depending on fish). Id do a lot of reading on specific varieties to weigh the challenges with each
                          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Ok thanks heather

Comment

Can I have a bubble tip anemone?

Comment

Working...
                              X