X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody J
    started a topic hopefully i will become a salty

hopefully i will become a salty

Hi here is my mission...1.to convince my parents to let me switch my 26g bowfront into a sw tank...2. To find out all I can about SW tanks I need u to tell me about it...3. I am wanting corals how much light/filtration do I need...what kind of fish can I have...what equipment for testing the water do I need

Thanks

CODY

• Cody J
    replied
    Ya I saw that the temp good for them 60-70f that's cold but how do I do a WC

Leave a comment:

• featherblue
    replied
    So those are tricky. Hard to find captive bred, and some are caught in more temperate water than most reefs (reef 76-78*, gulf of baja and Calif coast 65-70*). Unless you can verify where it was captured it may not last long in a reef. Some do great, other waste away in the first couple weeks (read a lot of threads on these while I considered my stock for my 12g)

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    Ok thanks

So far the stock will be a pair of ocelleris clownfish a anemone(type undetermined) that funkalicious mushroom and a pair of goby (type undetermined)

Everybody look at the Catalina Goby!!!
    Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM. Reason: Merged back to back postings, please use the edit button to add more thoughts

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    Ok thanks

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    sands like play sand and diamond blasting sand has silica which causes massive diatom blooms so most stay away from it... Argonite is what I used you can also get live sand but argonite is cheaper...

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    Does it matter what kind of sand I use

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Study dude.study

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    I talked to my step mom and she said if I keep my grades up and everything I might be getting saltwater so *fingers crossed*

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    Ok not that hard I will probably get a summer job at the place were my step mom works and that is how I'm probably gonna get money to pay for this tank

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Hold the food just above a drop it... But with silverside in Jon's vid he held it the.same but let them grab it from his hand... Careful to not get stung though...

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    Hmm ok how do I feed them

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Lol nls pellets ( I feed instant ocean pellets to my crabs and snails) and I have read something about Silverside?

Leave a comment:

• Cody J
    replied
    What do u feed an anemone Jonathan heather Sean I keep reefs anybody got a clue?

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    I would think if you kept it fed it wouldn't try too... But again I don't own a nem so I can't be sure... But I know Jon hasn't lost a fish to his nems yet...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X