rogue its time to tell me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue its time to tell me

okay Rogue i am worried about it... what ever saltwater thing you sent me showed up looking like liverock rubble... I assume its a coral of some kind... I'll get some pictures when my phone charges... I am currently acclimating it still now in case whatever it is is still alive... just please tell me what it is...

btw you say you can't keep snails alive lol... found a baby ramshorn in the crypts ;D
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

It's a Palythoa. Might take a couple days to open up. Just make sure you put it right side up.

I have ONE live snail and that's a giant blue ramshorn. Perhaps it multiplied when I wasn't looking.
    -Jonathan

Comment

oh!!! I hope this guy turns out to be a blue... I don't have a blue one yet

and i made sure to flip it over right... should i be worried that it came looking like it was smashed? like i said ill get a picture when my phone is charged...

Last edited by RogueAgent94; 04-08-2013, 07:33 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Doesn't look so good. Must have been banged around a lot in shipping. The frag piece is pointing right side up in the picture. The little blueish, fleshy things are the polyps. You need to make sure they stick up. I'd only take the largest pieces and throw away the rest.
        -Jonathan

Comment

thats what i am doing... poor things the box was a little mashed so i am sure thats what happened
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I swear postal workers practice juggling with boxes marked "FRAGILE" and "THIS SIDE UP."

Comment

Originally posted by kinezumi89 View Post
              I swear postal workers practice juggling with boxes marked "FRAGILE" and "THIS SIDE UP."
              according to my aunt (who works as a truck driver for USPS) thats actually not to far off base... she told me i would be surprised half the stuff she sees them do to the packages...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Palys can be troopers.....give it a few days. I found one on tge underside of a mushroom frag I just got. Def the "bottom" of the little coral skelton piece. 2 days of light and its opened right up
                36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

is it a softie? any special care that differs from mushrooms?
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Real simm. Low to moderate flow, start at bottom of tank to adjust to new light. Most light for food, but I think light weekly spot feeding with phytoplankton is suggested
                    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Working...
                    X