5g stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5g stand

i am redoing my room (the move... well don't ask) and i saw this really neat stand at catholic charities (kinda like a goodwill) the stand is $50 a study as can be... if it can hold me it can hold a 5g Pico ;D what do you guys think?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130215_133653.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	141564

Here is the front view... what's so cool is the draws are actually bubbled out you can't really see it in any of the pictures though...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130215_133702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	141565
    And the top view

Edit: I haven't bought it yet still debating because all sales are final and I don't want to be stuck wit it if I find something nicer...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Expensive for St. Vincent's de Paul! Looks pretty good though. I'd only buy it if you were looking for a night stand which would helpfully double as a tank stand. If you just want a tank stand then I'd build one to fit the tank. Looks much sleeker and professional .
    -Jonathan

Comment

I agree, interesting looking piece but if it isnt fully your taste I would look elsewhere.

BTW I have picked up some decent deals from SVDP!
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I would not pay that much for it. Look at the damage to the drawers and to the feet. Way overpriced IMO.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Dena... I didn't even see the damage.... (to busy liking the shape of it lol) I guess I shall keep looking... there is a furniture store in the town over I want to check out :-)
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Any time. My great grandmother was an antiques dealer. She gave me many pointers on dealing with older furniture. They have that piece priced as if it were an antique, but with the damage and the fact that it has been painted, it has virtually no value. I'd offer them $20 if it were something that you really wanted.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Its not something I am dead set on... I will keep looking and post those pictures here :-)

I would build my own... but last time I tried it failed big time... that lizard never was the same after... lol
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

sean, im sure many of us here would be glad to help you out. Building a stand is easy, it really is just need some basic tools and patience.
                -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Agreed. Building a stand is really easy. Heck, I built a plywood tank and didn't kill anything . Almost but not quite.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Find a pic of a stand you like or a design you like and lets see what we can do for you!
                    -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                    X