Seahorses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahorses

So, back in November I went and picked up a used 35 gl Hex tank. our grandkids have been wanting Seahorses for a while now and figured this would be a good size for a pair.
    After doing 3-4 months of research and tank prep we got ourselves a couple girls (or so they are suppose to be, I have my doubts at this early stage that I really got 2 girls)
    but at any rate, they have become the tank to sit in front of lately. Lol
    -Tom

That is awesome, one day I aspire to have some of those guys. What are you feeding them?
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
      That is awesome, one day I aspire to have some of those guys. What are you feeding them?
      thanks Matt, frozen Mysis shrimp. I contacted the source (seahorsesource.com) and talked to Dan about them. very approachable business as they are hobbyist as well.
      they raise all their ponies on Hakari frozen Mysis shrimp so I wanted to feed the same brand they were use to.
      these guys were eating an hour out of the bag. which I found strange as I normally don't feed any of my fish til the next day. But Dan encourages you to turn on the light after an hour and feed shortly after that.
      -Tom

Comment

Thats great, I had always assumed live food would be necessary. I have to admit, I feed new arrivals as soon as they look ready to eat (exhibiting curiosity about their environment and not hiding) I just assume they were fasted before their trip and probably would appreciate it. Great to have a good source for whenever you have questions, I will keep them in mind for the future, thanks.
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

they look great, glad to hear they are doing well for you thus far. I know they can be a really delicate fish to keep. looking forward to watching them grow up
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Best of luck with them. Something I'd love to get into one day.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Wow, they are beautiful!

Comment

So update, this pair is doing so great we have decided after 9 months to upgrade their tank and put them in a new 55gl. we will also be get another pair to join them.
                my wife absolutely loves these guys which is a huge bonus having her enjoy this hobby with me.
                -Tom

Comment

Thats great news, I know that a lot of people have trouble keeping them in the hobby so glad to hear the success story AND the bonus of sharing the hobby with your loved one.
                  -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thats great news, I know that a lot of people have trouble keeping them in the hobby so glad to hear the success story AND the bonus of sharing the hobby with your loved one.
                    -Jim-

Comment

So cool. Glad the horses are doing good for you!
                      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                      Socrates

Comment

Wow! They are so fascinating and beautiful

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Robin
                        55g, 10g, 5g
                        55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

Working...
                        X