X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc61
    started a topic Seahorses

Seahorses

So, back in November I went and picked up a used 35 gl Hex tank. our grandkids have been wanting Seahorses for a while now and figured this would be a good size for a pair.
    After doing 3-4 months of research and tank prep we got ourselves a couple girls (or so they are suppose to be, I have my doubts at this early stage that I really got 2 girls)
    but at any rate, they have become the tank to sit in front of lately. Lol

• zombiecat03
    replied
    Wow! They are so fascinating and beautiful

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• catsma_97504
    replied
    So cool. Glad the horses are doing good for you!

Leave a comment:

• pirahnah3
    replied
    Thats great news, I know that a lot of people have trouble keeping them in the hobby so glad to hear the success story AND the bonus of sharing the hobby with your loved one.

Leave a comment:

• pirahnah3
    replied
    Thats great news, I know that a lot of people have trouble keeping them in the hobby so glad to hear the success story AND the bonus of sharing the hobby with your loved one.

Leave a comment:

• Disc61
    replied
    So update, this pair is doing so great we have decided after 9 months to upgrade their tank and put them in a new 55gl. we will also be get another pair to join them.
    my wife absolutely loves these guys which is a huge bonus having her enjoy this hobby with me.
    This is Clementine This is Chance Chance

Leave a comment:

• dlondon95
    replied
    Wow, they are beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• catsma_97504
    replied
    Best of luck with them. Something I'd love to get into one day.

Leave a comment:

• pirahnah3
    replied
    they look great, glad to hear they are doing well for you thus far. I know they can be a really delicate fish to keep. looking forward to watching them grow up

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    Thats great, I had always assumed live food would be necessary. I have to admit, I feed new arrivals as soon as they look ready to eat (exhibiting curiosity about their environment and not hiding) I just assume they were fasted before their trip and probably would appreciate it. Great to have a good source for whenever you have questions, I will keep them in mind for the future, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Disc61
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt B View Post
    That is awesome, one day I aspire to have some of those guys. What are you feeding them?
    thanks Matt, frozen Mysis shrimp. I contacted the source (seahorsesource.com) and talked to Dan about them. very approachable business as they are hobbyist as well.
    they raise all their ponies on Hakari frozen Mysis shrimp so I wanted to feed the same brand they were use to.
    these guys were eating an hour out of the bag. which I found strange as I normally don't feed any of my fish til the next day. But Dan encourages you to turn on the light after an hour and feed shortly after that.

Leave a comment:

• Matt B
    replied
    That is awesome, one day I aspire to have some of those guys. What are you feeding them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X