green chromis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green chromis

I'll break the champaign bottle in this saltwater section so to speak!

As you know I am starting a 5g nano and I am looking for a fish to add when it is cycled... I have been reading people use green chromis sometimes when cycling a new tank (I have no plans to do this ever) anyways my lfs has a pair of these and i was wondering if I could get 1 or both of them when the tank is stable... I think they are georgeius but I don't want to cramp them to much :/

Also are they omnivores?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Re: green chromis

Green Chromis as in Blue Green Chromis? I wouldn't personally. It is hard to get them to eat well. I had three and they all died because they wouldn't eat.
    -Jonathan

Comment

the ones at my lfs have been there for a few months lol... when I took pictures of the clowns (on FL) the 2 kept photo bombing wanting food xD however I will kept thinking on it though I think I may get them but then ask if they don't eat/work out if they will take them back.
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Are they blue-greens or just greens? I'd suggest holding off on them until your tank is established. I also noticed mine got pretty moody when I forgot to do a waterchange one week.
        -Jonathan

Comment

The lfs said they were greens... and the plan (even before getting cuc is to make sure the tank is fully cycled and stable for 1 month... however I do plan to get the bottle of stuff from you eventually as well
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

MicroBacter7? It's awesome! I bought a bottle and really like it.

Do they look like this?

-Jonathan

Comment

they have more of a blue color... so I guess they are blue-green chromis lol.

And yes the MicroBacter7. You never told me the name just that you know a wholesaler
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
              X