Eat my cyano?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat my cyano?

What types of snails will eat cyano off my tank walls? Lowering lights on time and adding a 450gph head doesn't seem to be working (though melody love the powerhead lol) so next step is adding some snails... My one Aestrea isn't doing much good she tries but it seems Tod grow back over her spot... What I also find weird is it hasn't grown at all about 2/3 from the top... I'll get a picture soon but yeah it looks strange lol...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

What are your nitrates and phosphate at?
    Ive been using a nano magnet scrubbed to keep my glass clean
    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I don't have a phosphate kit yet... And I didn't test it... I'll have to when I get home... Heading to Charleston right now... And wouldn't scraping it off just allow it to spread?
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I use a net to get most of it out if the tank.....and it nay have issue growing back without good conditions (you lower light time, increased circulation so it doesn't get a grip, and lowered potential food from tap water with ro based wc)

Ive also spot removed cyano with a pipette. I had some on top of my rock pile, it didn't disappear after I moved my powerhead a lil. I sucked it out with my food pipette and it hasn't grown back in the current
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Working...
        X