crab shells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crab shells

I am planning to buy 4 blue leg hermit crabs and I know they need to change shells from time to time and when they do they will even kill for their new shell... to stop/avoid this i am planning to buy some shells (lots) anyways do you guys think this is a good deal or are these shells to large for an adult hermit?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2008649...Types&var=sbar

When i pick up the crabs I will buy 4 shells from him for now until i find some suitable for them :-) I was thinking of having like 20 shells piled up in the back of the tank for them since there is about a 2" gap in the back...
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Re: crab shells

$7.50 for 50 shells with free shipping seems to be a good deal. With the extras you'd purchase upfront and this grab bag of hermit shells I'd imagine you'd be covered.

Good luck with your hermit crabs!
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

Definitely a good deal. You want around 5 shells per hermit because they are always switching out of shells. I see a couple of my hermits 'wearing' different shells a couple times a day. I can tell the difference between mine because they are all different sizes. Larger ones will hoard shells and move them around the tank. If one hermit likes the shell of another then they might kill them trying to get the shell. That's why you want to have lots of shells per hermit. So they don't get distracted lol.
      -Jonathan

Comment

Okay then 20 shells is good :-) lol my tank floors is going to look like a shellies tank xD anyways i ordered the shells they are coming from a few towns away but with the postal service I may never get them on time xD
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Working...
        X