Anemone Rescue/Pity Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anemone Rescue/Pity Purchase

Just a log of how my pity purchase is doing. I want to see how it changes over the weeks/months to come.

How it looks when I got it:

A day later:

Now:
    Last edited by RogueAgent94; 04-27-2013, 07:26 PM.
    -Jonathan

looks to have unfolded a bit at least.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I can't seem to find the first thread where you introduced this guy but did you ever say why it was a rescue/pity purchase?
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Yeah, it is looking a bit better. I'm slightly peeved. I'm thinking it might be a bubbletip and not a haddoni. I wanted a haddoni!

Sean, it was in my Nano Reef thread . Here is why and the pictures of when I picked it up.
        Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
        It looks terrible lol. You know how you guys go and look at the bettas with big sad eyes and such. Well... that's how I felt lol. I have zero pitty for bettas though .

That's a Haddoni Anemone. It was left outside an LFS store overnight apparently and the owner found it in the morning. I went in that evening and he told me about it so I walked over and looked and the poor thing looked awful! He said I could have it for $20 since he probably wouldn't be able to care for it himself (I muttered something about getting it for free and he laughed lol). But now I've brought it home and am going to try and nurse it back to health. $20 is a fraction of what you'd normally pay for a Haddoni anemone.

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
        THIS is my pity purchase! Even YOU couldn't say no to it lol.

-Jonathan

Comment

lol well thats what happens when you make a pitty purchase you dont research first.
          -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Oh wow... I hate owners like that... how the heck did he miss it outside anyways? Glad you did get her though :-)
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
              Oh wow... I hate owners like that... how the heck did he miss it outside anyways? Glad you did get her though :-)
              I think were missing a line in there, it was left at the store by a person overnight and the owner found it in the morning at the store upon opening.
              -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
                I think were missing a line in there, it was left at the store by a person overnight and the owner found it in the morning at the store upon opening.
                Well I half hope that's the case... otherwise i still hate that owner...

Wait that cae out wrong... I would hope the owner wasn't dumb enough to leave a shipment outside however I could understand it if a customer forgot her however I don't understand how though...
                Last edited by Sean; 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM.
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
                  lol well thats what happens when you make a pitty purchase you dont research first.
                  LOL don't start on me mister! Besides, I'm still a SW noob AND this 'nem is in terrible condition so I'm allowed to make ID mistakes.
                  Originally posted by Sean View Post
                  Oops. Yeah I forgot to mention that it was dropped off some time in the night.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Ohhh well that's freaking stupid... would it have killed them to wait til the shop opened?
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Probably if I was there
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Whichever one it is you got a bargain and its looking so much better already bubble tips look funky and haddoni's look huge lol I do only have google for reference though

After looking at pictures my guess at this stage it could be either but I am far from the expert or noob lol
                        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

She is looking better! Definitely a green bubbletip.
                          Last edited by RogueAgent94; 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Oh wow she is beautiful! I want one now xD
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Aww, its so cute! It needs a Nemo ;3

Comment

Working...
                              X