No announcement yet.

Pair of Percula Clowns in a 30 Gallon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of Percula Clowns in a 30 Gallon?

Just as the title suggests

If your asking if they can fit then yes ma'am they can and you can still add other fish like fire fish, banggaii cardinals, and gobies as well!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Why the 'ma'am'? I'm a few years younger than you!

Thanks! What about a Royal Gramma? (And I know you'll also want me to get an Emerald Crab)

Comment

Yups

And yes you need an emerald crab :-)
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Yeah, I think it would be fine. But I wouldn't add much more to a tank with a pair of percula. I'd go with ocellaris personally.
          -Jonathan

Comment

If I went with ocellaris, what else could I stock?

Comment

In a 30g you could probably have a dwarf angel and a royal gramma. You'd still have a little bit of wiggle room bioload wise but I wouldn't add anything else cause SW tanks usually are supposed to run cleaner than most FW tanks.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Could I have a Red Stripe or Coral Beauty?

I have multiple aquariums now that could be used as sumps Would a 20 gallon suffice?
                Last edited by Riptide; 05-05-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Coral Beauty, yes. Redstripe, no. Redstripes have a tendency of eating corals and they get bigger than Coral Beautys.

Yeah, a 20g sump would be good. Bigger the better of course. The more water volume you have the more it takes to screw up your params. Gives you a good amount of buffer to catch problems before they become serious. And with a large sump you could have non-reef safe stuff in it or just put whatever in there. I plan to get a Mantis shrimp for my sump.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Haha, with my luck a Mantis would escape and end up in my mom's bedroom

Comment

Probably hahaha. I used to hate mantis shrimp cause I got hit by one of them a while back but the peacock ones are pretty cool.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Yikes!

So... a pair of Ocellaris clowns, Coral Beauty, Royal Gramma, and perhaps a few Blue Chromis?

Comment

Blue Chromis are nice looking fish but you basically borrow them when you buy them. They rarely live very long IME. Mine only lived about a month. Most of the others I've heard of live about a year tops. I'd stick to two clowns, a Coral Beauty (Or cherub angel!), and a Royal Gramma. They're all fairly active fish. Royal Gramma being least active. But it definitely makes up for that with personality and color.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

What about the cleanup crew?

Comment

Go to reefcleaners.com... It's where I went to get my crew... Just send him a list of your setup and plans and he will customize a crew for you
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
                              X