Fiji or Indopacific Reef Stock Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fiji or Indopacific Reef Stock Options

Both jasmine's and mgsp grow as a kinda mat for their base. As tge mat encrusted a new rock, yank it. Intsa frag

As far as adding order, nice to obnoxious.
    Algae grazers first, cus their so peaceful (supplent diet with dried seaweed
    Clowns
    Angel

The dragonette is a little more difficult. Depends on what its eating when it comes home. If its taking preped food, its ok to stock sooner. If its not, a more mature tank will have more food available. Are you setting up a pod farm, or waiting out a frozen food eater?

The nem needs a mature tank (6+months cycled), and most clowns are now rank raised.....so they may have no clue they should host. Its not necessary to get the nem before the clowns, especially if they're tank raised. Id focus on animal health to make stocking choices, and let hosting happens if it happens.
    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I was just worried that if I got a torch our hammer, it'd be bad for it if.the clowns tried to host (saw that somewhere, that clowns can host them but that would irritate/stress the coral leading to eventual death). You mentioned that before about tank raised clowns. I'd kinda been debating getting a nem to begin with cause of the whole stinging and moving thing. I like not worrying about stuffs

Yesh, I plan on setting up afuge (er farm?) Trying to wait for a deal on a 29. currently planning it out though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

A pod farm doesn't need to be plumbed into the dt. I'm running mine in a10g,ntotally seperate. I'm debating rock piles (glued together) or these plastic cardboard cards (more surface are for pods to play), for transferring pods to the display

Nems def move around....how much depends on how they like their spot. You don't have to get a nem to keep your clowns happy.
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

hmmmmm ... I did just clean out a spare 10 gal... (gotta second one to clean as another spare/QT/whatevs tank... I should do that before it snows ) .... Ok, I guess I'll set up the pod farm now I can turn it into a sumpfugium when I get my paws on that 29 I just read through your pod farm link seems easy enough. Is there a downside to using chaeto? like a refugium?

Comment

Getting extra chaeto out without your pods. After a bit more looking I'm considering stocking my farm with pods (and their algae food) from coldwatermarineaquatics.com I've seen sucess with their culture in room temp and heated tanks

I'm considering coldwatermarineaquatics.com to stock my pods. I've seen several sucessful cultures wirh their pods n algae bottles (both room temp and heated)
            Chaeto is only an issue because its hard to remove overgrowth without your pods
            Last edited by kinezumi89; 11-20-2013, 09:22 PM. Reason: Merged your posts ;)

Comment

I added another replacement option to the modified... modified option 1

Fish:
              1 angel, either Yellow and Black Heraldi Angelfish or Flame Angelfish
              clown pair (still most likely black and white clowns though... Pearl eye Clarkii and Spotcinctus clowns have grown on me)
              Yellow Eye Combtooth Blenny
              Red Scooter Dragonet
              = 5 fish

Replacement for the Wrasse?
              Blue Gudgeon Dartfish... maybe not... competition for the scooter?
              or
              Scissortail Dartfish

Hectors Goby
              or
              Sleeper Gold Head Goby

or
              small school of Blue Green Reef Chromis (4?... scratch the lemons, they're aggressive... baaaaah!)
              _Your suggestion goes here____

I LOVE the blue gudgeons color, but the food requirements concern me... maybe them and the sleeper gold head? ... though the Hector's cute! baaaah! I hate decisions!

Inverts:
              a few hermits (total of 5?)
              emerald crab
              a few snails (3 or 5 sand sifters and maybe 5 dwarf ceriths)
              Skunk cleaner shrimp
              peppermint shrimp
              = 18 inverts

Corals: (semi order of adding)
              Mushrooms (rock-o-shrooms!)
              Zoanthids
              Candy cane or trumpet coral
              Euphyllia isle (Torch and hammer corals)
              symposidium/Metallic Green Star Polyp
              Sun Coral
              Brain coral (wellsyphilia)
              montipora capricornis

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by Ziggi; 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM. Reason: Omg

Comment

Working...
              X