26g nano (5g upgrade)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26g nano (5g upgrade)

Now that it's officially my house I'm going to start the setup to my 26g!!! I'll be moving Emma and Melody over asap but I'm giving some thought to the rest of ky stocking...
    1 pink tip anemone (Melody)
    1 Emerald Crab (Emma)
    3-5 firefish
    2 bangaii Cardinalfish
    2 Clown fish (tank raised perculia)

CUC
    Will buy from reefcleaners.com

I was planning to add 20 lbs of sand and 20lbs dead rock and move my 7lbs live rock over and dose daily with MB7. So far Emma and Melody are proving to be the best of the best so I'm hoping they will survive the move... I just need to decide where to put it and get Alex to approve... (Feels weird to have to ask lol) anyways I'll update with pictures once everything starts getting set up

Oh yes lighting is a coralife 24" half and half
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Hey sounds good to me
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I mostly want to see if Jon and Heather agrees with the stocking I have chosen... I don't want to invite some killer fish in my tank from having to many of a fish or not enough...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Sounds like you have too many fish to me. I'd go with the Firefish and maybe a single clown personally.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Can you school firefish like that? I think its a few too many fish as well....I only get 2-3 and its only twice the size of my tank. Maybe the clown pair with a firefish or a pair bangaii.
          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I thought I remember seeing somewhere about they can school... Maybe I had read wrong... But I know I was a single or pair of clowns a firefish and one other maybe a clown goby or a small wrasse?
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

That should be reasonable. Def a bottom dweller of sorts, your swim space us pretty taken
              a red scooter blenny woukd be great, and the seem to be very willing to eat frozen (compared to other dragonettes)
              36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I don't want a blenny as I'm scared I wouldn't be able to care for him correctly or he'd refuse frozen foods... I'd want something else like a neon goby or something like that...
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Yeah, firefish normally school together. I've seen them on reefs in largeish groups waiting for things to pop out and become snacks.

I'd let the tank mature for about a year before trying to add a Blenny. Just in case it doesn't accept frozen foods. By then you could have a fully functional fuge with a constant supply of copepods.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

What about Steve?
                    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I thin that you should do the bangai and the clowns with a single fire fish, while yes they school, they can also beat up on each other. I have seen many times at my LFS where there is a tank full of them and they are always picking on one of them.

Also personally unless your trying to get the clowns and anemone to play nice together i wouldnt even do the clowns, I would wait and get a nice bottom dweller like the blenny or a goby after a little while.
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hmmm I guess I have lots of thinking... However my brother just showed up to help me move my stuff out he's been looking to start a saltwater tank and asks me "I'll give you my 40 (it's a 40B so you all know) for your 26g"... So naturally I'm like yeah he also said the coralife fixture I have would have to go with the tank... Which I'm okay with ill just need a new fixture for it and more Powerheads... Also means I can get more fish lol... My bottom dweller no matter what size tank will be a dusky jawfish...
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

If you don't get a light with the 40, why would he get the light with your 26? A bare tank for one with a great fixture doesn't seem like a good trade for you, def for him
                          Last edited by featherblue; 04-28-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

His tank comes with a glass top, led light, coral rubble (I think not sure though), and a stand...

He said he wants my coralife fixture, this tank and I have to but a matching stand before he will trade... No idea if petsmart has a stand for them but if I can find one for a good deal I'll buy it lol... But I'm still on Tue fence about it...
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Every piece of gear will cost more for a 40....

Comment

Working...
                              X